Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hockey in the Desert – Mite Development League at Polar Ice Gilbert

ICE is Much Cooler than a Baseball Field

This summer just like every summer it has been well over 100 degrees here in Gilbert Arizona.  Yesterday I was driving past the Polar Ice facility and remembered how cool it was inside. I grabbed my camera and went in to see if there was a hockey game going on.  I found the "Fire" was taking on the "Bruins" in a 2013 Mite Development League game.   Mites from what I learned are age 6 through 8 years old. I found it amazing how well they skated and could handle the puck. They are great little athletes and played to a 6 - 6 tie with the drama of a last second breakaway goal to tie it up. 

It was a nice way to spend an hour cooling off. Here are a few images from the game. I also uploaded many more images HERE. 









 I also uploaded many more images HERE. 

No comments: