Thursday, May 30, 2013

Peach-Faced Lovebird - Gilbert, Arizona

Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch

I am still amazed each time I see these Peach-faced lovebirds out around the city. Some call them Rosy-faced Lovebirds. They have a very distinct sound and I find myself looking for them when I hear it. There are quite a few around the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch in Gilbert, AZ (Greenfield Rd & Guadalupe Rd).  I live near the preserve and walk it with a camera from time to time and call it exercise.

This Peach-faced Lovebird was by the parking lot south of the Library. The Creosote bush made a good background for this image. The birds seemed like it too, they were snacking away on the seedpods and not worried at all about me. However a dog and his master waked by shortly after this was taken and they chose to find a different place to perch.

Gilbert Riparian Preserve - 5715

Some other pictures taken during my walks are  HERE.


No comments: