Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gilbert AZ – Crossroads Park - Color in Motion Fun Run 5K

Over the past couple of years I have noticed some great pictures of 5K color runs. “Races” where runners are more worried more about being covered in color then they are about running. Volunteers with huge supplies of brightly colored powder share color liberally with the runners as they pass by. It actually looks like being a volunteer would be as much fun as running in the race!

A few weeks ago I noticed there was 5K run and fund-raiser (I Love Lucy Project) put on by Color in Motion and scheduled for Gilbert, Arizona. When I clicked on the map I found it was going to be at Crossroads Park. That’s my neighborhood! I put a reminder on my phone (and it worked). When the reminder went off Saturday morning I stopped what I was doing (really important stuff) grabbed my camera and walked over to see what was happening.

I arrived as many of the participants were crossing the finish line. The organizers had a stage setup with music playing. I was a natural gathering location where more color packets were passed out to the crowd to do with as they please. It was a grand finale with energy and a good dose of color for everyone. They were all having a great time.
It was pretty much head to toe color for the crowd. 
 
I managed to keep my distance and watched the wind direction enough to keep my camera fairly clean. Dust, even if it’s organic, safe, cool, bright, colors, is not a cameras friend.

I posted all my random pictures at www.azdewphoto.com and a few examples of the “fun” and color here.


Color Run Color in Motion Gilbert Arizona Crossroads Park Saturday December 2013


These and many more pictures are posted at www.azdewphoto.com

No comments: